Wednesday, February 24, 2010


Just 6 days before taking his own life Alexander McQueen did his last interview with Matches magazine. The full interview will be out in Matches magazine Spring/Summer issue. Here are some of the highlights:

If he had an hour of free time in London:
"I'd head to the Natural History Museum!"

On when he is happiest: "When I'm just at home with my dogs."

On showing in Paris instead of London:
"I love the heritage of the design houses and the fact that not just anyone can put on a show."

On growing up in fashion:
"There has to be a balance between your mental satisfaction and the financial needs of your company. I always remember that it's the fantasy, the artistic side, that makes customers want to buy the straightforward black pants."

No comments:

Post a Comment