Monday, August 23, 2010

Long Time No Posts!

Hello everyone, once again!

I would like to apologize for not up-dating the site in a while but I was super busy with my very first fashion show!

As I've already mentioned in my bio, I WAS a fashion design student and I just recently graduated from a fashion university in Milan.
I returned to my hometown where I planed on spending this Summer, filling out a couple of job applications, try to make some money when I realized I had nothing to wear for the upcoming season!

I went to an italian fabric store and got myself a beautiful african-inspired jersey and I literally made a fantastic dress in 10 minutes! Ok, jersey is a fabric that is so easy to manipulate with but I then realized how much I really missed sewing and the whole process of making a garment that I decided to make a fashion show in 30 days!

Anyone who knows a thing or two about fashion knows that it must have been doomed from the start but, actually, if I may say so myself... it was excellent!

I always was daydreaming of what my first fashion show would be like, but somehow, I never had the courage to do something about it and just make it happen.

Maybe it was the fact that I was studying up until recently and I didn't want to rush into things. Or maybe I felt that I still needed to learn a lot, have more experience... After all I am 23 years old.
I have no idea, but I know that there were so many thing in my life that didn't allow me to make that move.

And then, in one second, in some ordinary day just as any other, the idea followed by a strong will just poped into my head and stayed there.

It was a risk I can tell you.

I had to organize everything! From the event, to the music, the location, to the models and still I had to make at least 15 dresses.

I didn't want anyone's help.

Now that was a challenge.

I knew that I may have bitten off more then I could ever chew, but I wanted to be involved in the process 100%. Because, at the end of the day, when the curtains drop it would be my name on the line and if it were destined to fail, at least I would be the one responsible.

But it didn't fail and now I'm working on expanding my brand. And I stand here testifying that anything is possible.
If I hadn't made that risk of making me happy in one month and doing almost the impossible, what every designer is scared of I would be living a big lie, doing nothing productive and not thinking about the future.

I've learned so much from this experience, I've realized who my true friends are and who loves me for me. I'm more satisfied with my life and more happier cause I wake up in the morning with a purpose! It's the best feeling in the world.

I have grown, and I know that I am the owner of my life.

I say this to everyone reading this. If you know what you want in life, go for it! The only thing that's stopping you is yourself! If you don't try to change your life, no one else will.

THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT!

Love, Tamara.

XOXO :)))



If you wish to see the dresses I made check out my website: www.tamararistic.com or just find me on facebook: Tamara Ristic, Fashion Designer!

No comments:

Post a Comment